Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? -Anne Shirley-

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentines Day

With Valentines day coming up I have been asked by a few of my older friends why I am not dating any one or why am I not married. I had a conversation about this with my Mom the other day and I am sure she is tired of me whining about it but I am going to vent one more time. Just because I am almost 25 and still single that doesn't mean I am unhappy or not living my life to the fullest. In a previous job that I had I was treated differently then someone my same age because he was married and I wasn't. I know this was the case because before he was married we were treated the same. I volunteer with some youth during the year and once again married people my age are treated with more respect then the single people. I'm sure I have a biased opinion and some of you may think that  I am sensitive because I am single. Well I'm not. I have talked with different friends of mine who are in different parts of their lives and this is the conclusion I have come up with.
 In the Mormon culture we live in no one is ever good enough. I am not talking about in Gods eyes I am talking about all the "helpful" people telling every one how to live their lives. Once you graduate from high school for girls and once you get home from your mission for boys, the young people in the church are constantly grilled about getting married. Once you are married you are immediately asked when you are having a baby. A close friend of mine started getting asked this question less then a week after she was married. Once you have your first child the question is when are you having your second baby etc. until it people start talking about how you have too many kids. I repeat no one is ever good enough. This is just if you are a member. If you are a non-member in the Utah/Idaho areas you might as well move. I've always known they are treated different but every once in a while I hear stories that make me sad to be apart of this culture. Just today I heard about someone who was denied a job because they are not a member of our church. PLEASE just love every one and treat every one the same. It shouldn't matter what you look like, what you do, who you are, what your last name is, what you believe etc. Why can't we all just support others and not judge. Every one is doing the best they can. I have very little patience for busy bodies who spend all their time in others lives. I know this is a fault of mine. I also need to learn to love everyone unconditionally I have a hard time with this and I am going to work on it.

Sorry about the venting and I know this is kind of a negative post but its my blog and this is what I am feeling right now. On a happy note: Happy Valentines day everyone :) I hope you have a great day! and I promise a happy uplifting post next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment