Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? -Anne Shirley-

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cleaning


I have spent the day cleaning my room. So far I have spent 4 hours, two bags of trash, one bag for DI, and a pile to take to my family. I am still not done! I am beginning to think I should have listened to my Mom and KEEP MY ROOM CLEAN! :) It is amazing to me as I get older how many times I say that.....my Mom was right. In my defense I am not just cleaning I am going through boxes and putting away summer clothes.

I was going through my mission box organizing it. I remember thinking a few times on my mission how I wish I had more mail (because I didn’t' have something in the mailbox every day I only got mail once or twice a week plus an email every week. I really was taken care of by my family they never forgot me.) Well as I went through this box reading some of the mail, and just seeing how much mail I had, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and love.

I was also going through my cedar chest and read some letters and notes from when I was younger. I came across a letter I had written to “my older self” so that would be me now. I wrote the letter when my brother Benjamin was just born and he is now 9. Some of the things I wrote myself made me laugh. What a great way to spend a Saturday. I think I may be doing the same thing on Monday.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment