Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? -Anne Shirley-

Friday, November 16, 2012

Visiting Teaching

This past week has been super crazy. Between work and being sick I haven’t done anything. I did however get the chance to go Visiting Teaching. I love Visiting Teaching. I didn't always love it but the since I have been home from my mission going visiting teaching has been like a little bit of my mission at home. My companion was in charge of the lesson this month. The lesson was on having faith in your trials and remembering you are never alone. Christ is always with you. To be honest I don't remember much about the lesson the medicine I took made me tired. In hind sight I should have stayed home but that bridge has passed, but while she was giving the lesson a scripture kept coming to mind. It is my favorite scripture one that I turned to many, many times on my mission. The scripture is Alma 7:11-13

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him  death, that he may  loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to  succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.


I used to think the Atonement was just for repentance; however it is for much more than that. The Lord takes upon him all of our pain and afflictions. Christ loves us so much He was willing to go through the Atonement. In verse 13 it says the Spirit knows all things. Christ could have known how we feel through the Spirit but he chose to suffer "according to the flesh" so He could know perfectly, so he could help me perfectly through ever trial, pain, and sin. I am so grateful for my Savior and everything He has done for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment